2014 DATES PROVINCIALS
REGISTRATIONS ARE TO BE DONE ON LINE BY CLICKING ON THE TAB AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE (see notes below)
PROVINCIAL T-SHIRTS ARE TO BE PRE-ORDERED BY TEAM WHEN DOING ON LINE REGISTRATION (see notes below).
Deadline for orders: same date as registration deadline
A LINK TO A PICTURE OF THE T-SHIRT IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE "ONLINE REGISTRATION" DROPDOWN BOX.
JR MINI JAMBOREE - all players will receive a free t-shirt as part of the registration fee so please remember to add sizes to the registration form.
Please note: Registration deadline is 4 weeks prior to tournament start to allow BNS to have schedules distributed to teams 2 weeks prior to each tournament. In order to accommodate this, there will be no exceptions to these deadlines.
Note: Any players who play Div 1 High School (except grade 9) must play on a AAA team
Please contact your coordinator if you need further clarification.
PLEASE NOTE: REGISTRATION FEE MUST BE RECEIVED 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE TOURNAMENT OR THE TEAM WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE
Our goal, through the clubs, is to expose and develop Basketball Province wide. Teams may have to travel and refunds will not be given to teams after they register. We will work hard to identify hosts as soon as possible.
Tournaments are scheduled from Friday night to Sunday afternoon but, if a division is too large, some Thursday night games may be required. Traveling teams will not be required to play on Thursday.
2014 Registration Dates
2014 Tournament Dates
2. With the exception of Jr Mini, the team’s Head Coach must have a minimum of Learn to Train trained or equivalent Basketball certification. Contact our office to confirm your NCCP status or click here to confirm training required and for upcoming clinics.
3. Teams that are not currently playing in the MBA are required to play at least 2 seeding games prior to registration (see below for Division and Seeding Process). Game sheets and a copy of the game roster are to be faxed or emailed to BNS.
4. Every team must have a minimum of 8 players to start a game. Teams that add any players to their regular roster are required to play a minimum of 1 seeding game with the full roster or the player(s) will be ineligible. Game sheet and a copy of the game roster are to be faxed or emailed to BNS. A PLAYER CAN ONLY PLAY FOR ONE TEAM AT PROVINCIALS EVEN IF THEY PLAYED WITH 2 DIFFERENT TEAMS DURING REGULAR SEASON.
5. Any team consisting of players that compete in Division 1 NSSAF High School basketball must register for Midget AAA or Juvenile AAA only. If these Division are not held these players are unfortunately ineligible to compete in BNS Provincial Championships.
BNS WILL AGAIN BE USING A SEEDING COMMITTEE TO ASSIST WITH PROPER PLACEMENT OF TEAMS NOT CURRENTLY PLAYING IN THE MBA OR MBA TEAMS WITH CHANGES TO THEIR ROSTER. CONTACT INFO FOR THE SEEDING COMMITTEE WILL BE POSTED SHORTLY.
PROVINCIAL T-SHIRTS -
Click on the "ONLINE REGISTRATION" tab at the top of the page to get started.
1. Create an account
2. Account profile page comes up. The first person you enter information on will be the head coach. Next will be the assistant coach or manager.
- Please note that if your coach is taking NCCP training after you register, put the date in numbers in the NCCP# spot.
- Please put 00 in for jersey # as system requires this field to be populated in order to continue.
3. When the profile page is completed you will move to the registration page to enter your players. You will require players name, email address, jersey number and postal code or you will not be able to proceed.
- Any player(s) added to the roster are to be noted during registration in the “P/U” section.
4. Once you choose Division and level for your team you will also be given the opportunity to order t-shirts.
Teams that are in the MBA are to register in the division they are playing in the MBA.
Do not assume the Division you register in is final as it is dependent on the other teams registering and seeding results.
Once you confirm the registration of your team, an invoice will be created confirming the amount owed to BNS.
At this time we cannot do on line payments so cheque or money order and a copy of the invoice(to ensure payment is applied to the correct team) are to be mailed or dropped off to Basketball Nova Scotia, 5516 Spring Garden Rd., 4th floor, Halifax, NS B3J 1G6.
ANY ADJUSTMENTS ONCE A TEAM IS CONFIRMED REGISTERED MUST BE DONE BY BNS SO CONTACT EITHER FAYE OR BRAD (contact info below). THIS WOULD INCLUDE CHANGES TO ROSTER, T-SHIRT ORDER, BNS FEES OR ANYTHING THAT WOULD AFFECT YOUR INVOICE OR REGISTRATION..
Payment MUST be received 2 weeks prior to the tournament or team will not be eligible to participate.
PLEASE NOTE: RECEPTION CANNOT ACCEPT CASH. IF YOU NEED TO PAY WITH CASH, PLEASE CONTACT FAYE AT THE NUMBER OR EMAIL ABOVE.
JR Mini = $210
Mini = $325
Bantam = $325
Midget, Midget AAA = $375
Juvenile, Juvenile AAA = $375
Age Guidelines - Player to be age indicated or younger on or before Oct 1, 2013 (except Jr Mini)
Jr Mini - 9 (on or before Dec 31, 2013)
Mini - 11
Bantam - 13
Midget - 15
Juvenile - 17
Junior - 19
PLEASE NOTE: ANY PLAYER WHO PLAYS ON A D1 HIGH SCHOOL TEAM CAN ONLY PLAY ON AAA TEAM